Welcome to the March 2005 edition of “Leadership: It’s All About Trust.”
An on-line newsletter from Ellen Castro that addresses
leadership in today’s ever changing world.
Today’s leaders know …
· It’s all about trust.
· It’s all about the people.
· It’s all about the human connection.
Thus, today’s leaders …
· Are conscious of ALL their communications and interactions knowing that each and every encounter with another person either builds trust or destroys it. There are NO neutral actions.
· Choose to be effective, not efficient, when interacting with their followers by being fully present, engaged AND engaging to truly understand their strengths, fears, needs, wants and hopes for the future.
· Listen with their ears, eyes AND heart to gain the full meaning and impact of the interaction.
· Follow through in their every action on this knowledge, believing that intentions not delivered mean nothing and, in fact, sever the human connection.
Today’s leaders create and value the human connection in every single moment, in every single way.
Questions for Reflection
Are you effective or efficient when interacting with others?
When you listen, is it to gain insight or ammunition?
Are you trusted?
The choice is ALWAYS yours.
Feel free to share this with a colleague or friend. Your comments and thoughts are always appreciated … I am always learning. Until next time, choose wisely.
Castro is a bestselling author. She holds an EdM from
Ellen Castro 2005. All rights reserved worldwide. If this was forwarded to you and you want your own copy each month, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Trust Subscribe” in the subject line. Your name will never be sold or shared. If you prefer to unsubscribe, or received this in error, reply with “Trust Unsubscribe” in the subject line.
|Back to Menu|