Welcome to the July 2004 edition of “Leadership: It’s All About Trust.”
The second edition of an on-line newsletter from Ellen Castro
regarding leadership in today’s chaotic world.
Today’s leaders know …
· The greatest freedom is the power of choice … to choose their beliefs, their attitudes, their action and words.
· That each and every choice they make either builds trust with one self and with others or destroys it. THERE ARE NO NEUTRAL ACTIONS.
· That their good name, reputation and the difference they make, not necessarily the money, is all that they really have … the legacy that they leave.
Thus, the leaders of the 21st century are cut from a different cloth because …
· They know that the most important relationship they have is with themselves. They have the courage to live an authentic life by choosing to be vulnerable and allowing others to see them as they truly are. Leaders of the 21st century know their true strength lies within their vulnerability.
· By living an authentic life, they radiate a genuine confidence that inspires others and gives the gift of self-expression. They allow others the freedom to express their views, needs and thoughts and in fact applaud the uniqueness and originality they contribute to the organization, the community. Different is not viewed as difficult and diversity is transformed to synergy.
· They realize they live in the environment they create and life experiences are a result of their moral character and choices. They choose to believe there are no failures, only feedback. They understand that everything they do and say is significant.
· They know that their reputation precedes and follows them and the heart of who they are is exhibited in their deeds, not intentions, and act accordingly.
Today’s leaders exude a genuine confidence and positive attitude that lets freedom ring by living an authentic life in every single moment and in every single way.
Questions for Reflection
Are you living an authentic life?
When do you choose against yourself?
The choice is ALWAYS yours.
Feel free to share this with a colleague or friend. Your comments and thoughts are always appreciated … I am always learning. Until next time, choose wisely.
Castro is a bestselling
author. She holds an EdM from
Ellen Castro 2004. All rights reserved worldwide. If this was forwarded to you and you want your own copy each month, please email email@example.com with “Trust Subscribe” in the subject line. Your name will never be sold or shared. If you prefer to unsubscribe, or received this in error, reply with “Trust Unsubscribe” in the subject line.
|Back to Menu|