As for acts of courage and inspiration …
- Monologues do not inspire, dialogues do.
- Do not continue to defend your position. LISTEN to the feedback. “Feedback is a gift.” Thanks, Kevin.
- Sincerity is key. Lip service creates dis-trust.
- Do not expect a motivated workforce when no one is smiling, including you.
- Know people’s names.
- Never put people down in front of others or when they leave the room. BIG mistake.
- Be nice to your followers. It is a sign of strength and respect.
- Sarcasm is rarely appreciated.
- Common courtesy costs nothing, yet reaps much.
- TRUST is a MUST for business growth and success in all it’s many forms.
Moments of greatness by ordinary people who are
- One executive has her fair share of challenges plus some. Yet she is so committed to new ways of working, she drew the line with her key senior manager.
- Another executive and I had dinner. After a few questions, he picked up the phone and said, “We must talk.” Two days later, he publicly admitted having dropped the ball and addressed the issues head on.
- Amidst turmoil in one organization that has had five owners in four years, one team lead has created an oasis of trust, respect and a team.
To you. To leadership. To the difference of
one. Thank you!
Leaders demonstrate respect in every single moment, in every
What difference am I making?
Am I allowing others to make a difference?
choice is ALWAYS yours … choose wisely.
Feel free to share this with a colleague or friend.
Your comments and thoughts are always appreciated … I am always
learning. Until next time, choose
Ellen Castro is a bestselling author of Spirited Leadership … 52 Ways to Build Trust on
the Job and Tortilla Soup for the
Spirit. She holds an EdM from
and an MBA from SMU where
she currently serves on the faculty of the
. In addition
to Ellen’s coaching, consulting, speaking and writing, she is a
REALTOR® for Keller Williams. She can be reached at 214.750.7718 or email@example.com. Please
Ellen Castro 2006. All
rights reserved worldwide. If this was forwarded to you and you want your
own copy each month, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Trust Subscribe” in the subject line. Your name will
never be sold or shared. If you prefer to unsubscribe, or received this
in error, reply with “Trust Unsubscribe” in the subject line.